Evening and Weekend Appointments Available
Payment Plans Available, Credit Cards Accepted | Se Habla Español 562.268.5522
We Will Fight for You

Common Questions

Help from Our Dedicated Defense Attorney

Have you been arrested or accused for a criminal offense? Do you have questions about the process, what you face, or how a lawyer can help you? At the Law Office of Ronald M. Hall, our defense lawyer has decades of experience and has handled thousands of cases. We are devoted to helping you or your loved one!

Schedule Your Free Case Consultation

  • We handle cases in every Southern California Court
  • A complimentary consultation in person or over the phone
  • Payment plans available and credit cards accepted
  • Over 35 years of professional experience and knowledge
  • Evening and weekend appointments available
  • Se habla Español - our lawyer can help you in English or Spanish

Read answers to some frequently asked questions below or call (562) 268-5522 to schedule your free initial consultation today.

I’ve been arrested in Southern California. What do I do now?

After an arrest, accusation, or even if you learn of a criminal investigation against you, do not hesitate to call Attorney Ronald Hall. Having representation is the first step in creating a strong defense. We proudly serve Downey, Bellflower, Norwalk, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Riverside, Bakersfield, San Diego, and the rest of Southern California so you can rest assured that no matter where you live or where you have been arrested, you can benefit from our strong standards of legal representation.

What constitutes a sex crime in California?

Sex crime accusations are surprisingly common, as there are a number of accusations that can lead to an arrest. From serious charges of rape, assault, and statutory rape, to so called “victimless” crimes including prostitution and solicitation, you can be arrested for a variety of reasons. What’s more, sex crimes often include long investigations so you may be charged suddenly without your knowledge.

I’ve been accused of domestic violence. What can I do?

It’s an unfortunate fact that many people are arrested for domestic violence under false pretenses. These accusations can be used against you in family law disputes and during divorce. In addition, people are often charged when a well-intentioned neighbor misreads a situation and an arrest is made. There are a number of defenses we can use for you, so call the Law Office of Ronald M. Hall at (562) 268-5522 today.

Can I go to jail for a drug crime?

Even with the slow decriminalization of certain drugs, such as marijuana, many drug crimes are still classified as felonies in California. This means that a conviction can lead to harsh penalties, including over a year in prison and large fines.

What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?

In California, crimes are classified by severity, or the amount that was stolen, the damage to an alleged victim, or whether you have previous convictions on your record. Felonies are more serious and can come with large prison sentences, huge financial restitution, and a permanent criminal record that can affect you for years to come. Felony crimes include Rape, murder, arson, third DUI offenses, and more.

Misdemeanors, on the other hand, are slightly less serious but can still some with harsh penalties. These crimes include first time DUI charges, petty theft, public drunkenness, and minor traffic violations. In addition to lesser sentences, you can face mandatory rehabilitation programs, fines, and community service.

If You Are Facing Criminal Charges, Don't Hesitate.

  • Free Consultation

    We offer free consultations, in person, and over the phone for your convenience after an arrest.

  • Connections

    We work hand in hand with our personal investigators and retired detectives, for the best results with your case.

  • Payment Plans

    We offer flexible payment plans, credit cards accepted, to help you get the defense you deserve, without the extra stress.

  • Se Hable Español

    Our lawyer can help, in English or Spanish, whichever you are more comfortable with.